- January 16, 2018
- Posted by: Richard Schnitzel Jr.
- Category: Cheat Sheets
Subscription Process: Bot users will subscribe through one of these main entry points. Infinite
versions of each entry point allow for unlimited targeting & segmentation.
FaceBook Posts/Ads: Posts target specific sales funnels. Posts can prompt users to subscribe
to the bot through making a comment on a post or clicking a button. Ads can be made from any
post to further reach. Users can share posts normally (facebook comments do not work on
Websites: Slide-ins, pop-ups, or screen take-overs can be integrated into website and landing
pages. Feature will automatically state the first name of the person and invite them to subscribe
to the bot with one simple click (no user text input required).
Landing Pages: Customized landing page option to send people to before they subscribe to
bot. Helpful for giving potential user a better idea of what the experience will be. Reach landing
page from link.
Referral Links: Custom links can be placed in blogs, articles, partner sites, email signatures,
etc. and will instantly send an opt-in message to the user via the bot on Messenger.
Messenger Scan Code (Future Use): A graphic code similar to QR that can be physically
printed or displayed digitally. Customizable code messages user instantly after they scan it with
CHATBOT EXPERIENCE: Bot users will encounter 3(three) content fields and can interact in
1. Pre-programmed content sequences:
❖ Messages written in advance and programmed into specific sequences within the
bot. Which messages a user sees may vary based on how they subscribed (User
who responded to content targeting diabetes patients will have a different
experience than user who responded to content targeting long distance runners).
❖ Choose between response buttons and direct how the chat progresses
❖ Enter a text message reply to a specific prompt by the bot
❖ Enter a text message at any time during the chat
❖ Share content with another Messenger user
➢ Images company sends user in chat
➢ Specific content blocks made to be shared
➢ The main chatbot profile
❖ Entirety of text and graphics in pre-programmed content
2. AI responses: Bot will not send any content that has not been authorized by company.
AI will be limited to attempting to interpret user messages and send the response the bot
thinks is best.
❖ Only pre-programmed responses based on likely user generated messages
❖ Type anything in a message
❖ What words and phrases trigger certain responses. Ability to allow for user input
errors in spelling, grammar, etc.
❖ Ability to let bot respond randomly from pre-selected responses. The bot may
guess wrong when interpreting user input but it will never respond with any
content other than what has been preprogrammed into Keywords or Default.
3. Live chat with human: Company representative can ‘jump in’ to a user’s chat and
override the bot content at any point. User may request to speak with a human and the
bot will initiate a notification protocol. Representative can respond at any time, not just
when user is live within the bot.
❖ Actual chat from human
❖ Type anything
❖ How the human is notified, guidelines for the human during live chat with user
DATA RETENTION & MONITORING: Ensuring all written communication is retained &
satisfaction is monitored
Data Retention: In compliance with FTC regulations, all written communication between the
bot and its subscribers will be securely stored indefinitely.
● Current protocols as of August 2017:
○ ChatFuel, the platform, in response to our query, stated that they retain all bot
content and user interactions indefinitely. They noted that this could change in
the future. The data is only accessed if a request is made by the bot
○ Reliance on official records from ChatFuel will be the primary mode of keeping in
compliance with FTC. Company held back-ups will be kept in case ChatFuel ever
changes their retention policy.
○ Additionally, the Company will set up a tagging structure to store all user
generated content within the bot (when a user sends a message of any sort it will
be tagged and sent to a Google Spreadsheet. The spreadsheet will be password
protected and accessible only by bot administrators and authorized company
representatives. All data will be stored indefinitely. The spreadsheet will capture
all unique user data and inputs. All the bot content will be backed up on a
monthly basis in a Google Doc and serve as a record for the company’s side of
Monitoring: Keywords will be developed that will serve to monitor user input within the bot.
Categories will include:
● Negative - will trigger oblique bot response and review by a human, follow-up
determined on case-by-case basis
● Positive - will trigger gratitude from bot and review by human, follow-up determined on
● Customer Service - will trigger clarifying questions from bot, will notify humans
● Conversation Starters - will trigger clarifying questions from bot, will notify humans
* It is important to note that only the user and the company will see this content. It is not visible
elsewhere except if a user took a screenshot of a conversation. There is no way to monitor or
* Company can remove a user as a subscriber at any time. Subscriber interaction data should
be confirmed to be up-to-date prior
● Stay up to date on FaceBook’s Terms of Service. These may change frequently and
affect how company can interact with subscribers. Violation of TOS can result in
penalties from FaceBook.
● Give users options for customizing their experience
● Respond to all direct user queries within 24 hours
● Ensure that all points of entry to bot are very clear that the company will communicate
with the user via Messenger
● Keep user data confidential
● Never send direct sales or promotion messages to a user if that user has not interacted
with bot during preceding 24 hours
Initial frequency: A new user will receive daily messages based on their target segment.
● Duration of daily messages is based on target teach sequences, specific soft sell funnel,
and optional user frequency input, 3-7 days average sequence length.
● User may proceed deeper into content and purchase sooner if they pursue that path
● After soft sell funnel, additional messages will send based on whether or not user made
a purchase and on any user frequency updates.
Frequency Adjustment: User’s open rate of messages will be monitored.
● All chatbot data indicates that as long as content relevant to the user is being sent to the
user, then the optimal message frequency is at least once per 24 hours. Engaged users
who interact with content once every 24 hours will come to rely on the value they receive
from company’s messages. This relationship will be nurtured and expanded over time
with customized content, cross promotions, etc.
● Additional frequencies of every 2 days, 3 days, weekly, etc should be tested to identify
your market’s ideal frequency